- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cup of grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup of grated carrots
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a small bowl, mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Set aside.
- Grate zucchini and carrots. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of applesauce until well blended.
- Next, add in the brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk until combined. Add grated zucchini and carrots, stirring until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture until just combined. Pour mixture into prepared greased loaf 8x4 pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let pan cool for 5-10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Alida's Kitchen